Don’t let faucets continuously drip, there are simple steps that you can do yourself to check and replace your faucet.
Here’s how to fix a leaky faucet
- Turn off the water beneath the sink and drain the faucet by opening it.
- Disassemble the faucet by removing the handle screw and handle as discussed below.
- Pry or pull off the escutcheon or cap if it has one.
- Pull out the cartridge, threaded spindle, ball, or disc.
- Check seals, washers and O-rings and, if necessary, replace.
- Reassemble the faucet and turn on the water supply